Decree 244/2005 regulates the Inclusion Housing Network for both city and town councils and not-for-profit organizations. As a service provider, ProHabitatge manages housing for town councils as well as its own housing.
At present the association runs approximately 30 inclusion houses in different cities and towns, including:
- Santa Coloma de Gramenet
- Prat del Llobregat
- ProHabitatge works with more than 160 people with various residential and social problems
- 48% of the total targets in the social programmes are women, and 34% of residential units are single-parent, with most having suffered situations of gender violence.
- 33% of the people participating in the programme for target groups are immigrants, and 20% are from the Roma ethnic group.
- The housing problems presented by users before gaining access to the association’s residential resources are basically related to over-occupancy, infra-housing and homelessness.
- ProHabitatge runs close to 30 inclusion housing units.
- Most of these are houses rented by the association or handed over by the town councils and the rest of the property.
- In these housing units, the degree of supervision of the users is mostly “assisted”, with support and supervision.